Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!








I’m feeling kind of fat today
it is Mardi Gras after all
and not to sound too cliché
but I once drank
like a fish on Fat Tuesday-
now I’m drunk on sugar.
Yes, I ate a veggie sub on wheat
so I could finish off the ice cream
much more than I thought was in that tub,
but I spooned it down like a sick kid’s Jell-o
no more caramel goo and sweet cream
no more dulce de leche for moi
in fact Häagen-Dazs can kiss my ass
I’m going on the (dairy) wagon for Lent
but right now I’m rolling down the street
feeling sicker than a Cajun on Ash Wednesday-
Laissez les bon temps rouler!

@laurie kolp

2 comments:

Mary B. Mansfield said...

Yum, that dulce de leche Haagen-Dazs needs to come with a warning label, much too addictive! Very clever poem.

Mary said...

Hmmm, makes me wonder what I should give up for lent. I've sometimes done something like eat a veggie sub so I could have a rich dessert as well! I enjoyed your poem.